Monday, January 21, 2013

Good Homemade Butter Recipe

Have you ever tried homemade butter? If you haven't your totally missing out. I remember as a little girl adding it to my syrup and stirring away til I blended it to a creamy light yellow. My what a sweet memory! Lately I have been on a roll to make everything at home so I don't have to run out to the store every other day. And it does save money!  Now I make my own breads, I no longer buy breads at the grocery store. So now I'm adventuring into making my own butter at home now too.. I buy my supplies for my breads in bulk. When you have 3 growing kids they eat, an eat, an eat! lol.
Ok to the recipe that I want to share with you all today. Now its a process to a point, but remember all good things do take time! You will love it and want to make more after the first batch.  
This is what you need:
1 qt. cream
1/4 c. cultured buttermilk
Mix cultured buttermilk in cream and set at room temperature for 12 hours. Chill for 2 hours then churn.
Wash and enjoy! Always save some of the buttermilk and keep in a cold place(refrig) to use the next time. This butter can easily be browned like the purchased butter at the store. Cultured buttermilk can be bought at most grocery stores or at Super Centers. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Ok so this recipe mainly calls for a lot of time. Churning is a chore but remember all good things do take time and work! I hope you try it this recipe, and if you do please let me know how it turned out for you.
Have a great day everyone!
~Dena~ 

No comments: