Friday, February 17, 2012

Biscuits For Breakfast..

My Homemade Biscuits

2 cups all purpose flour./Bread Flour-which I prefer.
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup milk
Combine all dry ingredient and blend well with whisk. Cut in butter until resembles coarse bread crumbs. Stir in milk until all comes together to form a dough ball. Turn out dough ball onto a heavily floured surface (I use wax paper). Let set for a couple of minutes and then knead for about a minute and then re-flour surface and pat out to about 1/2″ thick. Cut biscuits with floured biscuit cutter and place into uncreased baking pan. Form remaining dough into ball and repeat until all dough made into biscuits. This recipe will make approximately 12 biscuits. Bake in 425-degree oven for 12-15 minutes.  I always brush my biscuits with little melted butter on top after they come out of the oven. I prefer using bread flour with this recipe. An I always shift my flour. You don't have too but I do because it gives the biscuits a more fluffy taste.
I do hope you enjoy this recipe. I think you will be really surprised how these will turn out for you. Sorry it took me so long to post. I have been so busy with other thing's, but I am back! lol. Have a great day everyone an enjoy!

1 comment:

Shirlee said...

Thank you! I've been waiting for this recipe : ) Blessings, Shirlee