Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Toasting Pumpkin Seeds...


Free for your taking. Right click and save.
I purchased more pumpkin around Thanksgiving than I should have. So I have to do something with them. I am one that hates to waste anything. So tday I decided I would roast some pumpkin seeds and use the pumpkin meat and make some pumpkin bread as well. I might even try to make some pumpkin cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting. lol My mind has been on these darn pumpkins today. lol. I will be all pumpkin ed out in a few days. lol. I decided to share two recipes with you today. One for the roasted pumpkin seeds, in which they are a great snack and kids love them, and for Stuffed Apples. Kids love those too.  I hope you enjoy both. Last night I decided I wanted to try a new roll recipe that would be easy. A friend of mine shared one on her blog and I want to share that with you. I will add a link to her blog. These rolls are devine! What I like about them is this. 1. they are easy to make. 2. this recipe makes 24 rolls 3. these can even be used for biscuits. 4. Doesn't call for allot of things to make these devine things . Ok I've said enough and I think you got the picture. lol. Jump over to her blog and check it out. At Home With Edna. You will love them! Have a blessed night and hope you enjoy these recipes today. Thanks again for all your comments and following. You are appreciated!
~Dena~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
2 cups pumpkin seeds
pull off the strands but do not wash.
1 1/2 Tbsp. oil
1 1/2 tsp. salt. ( I like popcorn salt)
Mix all ingredients well in a bowl and spread over a cookie sheet. Bake at 250 for 45-60 minutes. Stir occasionally. Eat with cup of hot cider. Kidd food all the way!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
STUFFED APPLE
 Apples
Peanut Butter
Raisins
Core a washed apple. Mix peanut butter with raisins and stuff the apple with the peanut butter mixture. Can slice the apple and server, or eat it whole.
Enjoy!
Note: I like to dash a tad bit of cinnamon an nutmeg on mine. Very yummy on a cold chilly day. children love these!    

No comments: