Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Good Morning.......

Good Tuesday morning to everyone. Still very chilly here in my neck of the woods. Today I will be doing some baking and visiting some blogs today. Also I am writing out a list of what to buy this week for Christmas. I haven't even started Christmas shopping yet. Normally I am almost done or done. Not this year I am very far behind. I love to shop online and I will be doing most of my shopping. Simple and easy. I stay far away from the Malls at this time of year. As a teenager in high school I worked at the mall for 3 1/2 years. I got my fill on the mall especially during Christmas. lol.
Anyways I hope you all will enjoy your day. Stay warm. This kind of weather makes so many sick.
Leaving you with a simple recipe today. I hope you enjoy. ~Dena
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PUMPKIN MUFFINS
4 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
1 1/4 sugar or splenda
2 eggs
2 cups canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2/3 cup pecans, chopped
Sugar/Splenda

MAKES 18
Cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar. Mix in eggs, canned pumpkin and vanilla. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Mix with pumpkin mixture. Stir in pecans. Pour batter into greased muffin tins filling 2/3 full and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle sugar/splenda over warm muffins. This recipe also makes a great bread. Bake in loaf pan for 50-60 min. Hope you enjoy.   

8 comments:

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

This recipe sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

Ruffles and Relics said...

Mmm. Now I have a craving for pumpkin muffins!! Thanks for the recipe!!

Pam B said...

Dena, I completely agree with you about Christmas shopping...there's no way you'd find me within a mile of a mall this time of year. And I haven't started my Christmas shopping either, which is really, really bad.

I'm baking today too...just whipped up a batch of chocolate banana nut muffins. Yummm...it smells GOOD in here! LOL

Hugs,
Pam

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

Going to try that recipe. Love cream cheese. Love pumpkin!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Lois

Morning Glory Vintage Prims said...

Karen you are so welcome. I hope you enjoy it. Blessings!

Morning Glory Vintage Prims said...

Pam those muffins you are cooking sounds so good. I didn't get the chance to make my pumpkin bread today but will tomorrow. I made some Bananna nut bread today and when the kids got home it was almost gone in 10 minutes. lol. So I will have to do another one. lol. As long as they enjoy it that is what matters. lol. On the shopping I just hate to fight the crowds. Makes me so nervous to be in all that. I feel horrible too in not starting sooner on shopping. Last year I started early and hide a few of the gifts. Well I forgot all about them and found them after Christmas. That is bad. lol. I told myself I wouldn't do that this year. lol. Have a wonderful night!

Morning Glory Vintage Prims said...

Lois you are so welcome. I too love pumpkin. Roasting some seeds right now. Have a wonderful night and thank you for visiting me today.

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Thanks for the yummy pumokin muffin recipe. I definately will be making these.