Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Canning Peach Butter

Peach Butter is yum! I just finished making a patch for my kids. I thought I would share a recipe with you today. If you enjoy eating Apple Butter you will really enjoy this tasty treat.
4 to  41/2 pounds peaches (about 18 medium)
4 cups of sugar ( if your diabetic you can use splenda)
To Prepare Pulp: Wash and blanch peaches. Put peaches in cold water. Peel, pit and slice peaches. Combine peaches and 1/2 cup of water in a large food mill, being careful not to liquefy.. Measure 2 quarts peach pulp.
To Make Butter: Combine peach pulp and sugar in a large sauce pot. Cook until thick enough to round up on a spoon. As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking. Ladle hot butter into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Adjust two-piece caps. Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Recipe Variation: For spiced peach butter add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon or allspice or any combination of these spices when adding sugar.
I added a dash of cloves in with mine along with nutmeg, allspice and cinnamon. I did not add the ginger. It turned out wonderful! I made this this past Friday and my kiddos have already went through a jar. lol. I hope you enjoy making it.
Dena

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HEY, Your Peach Butter sounds sooo good! 1 day I'm gonna have to try that..Love your blog!! You are 1 "Talented" Lady!! Love ya!

~Sara said...

Sounds like a great recipe. ~Sara